OpenID
Skip to main content
Topic: [UNDER DEVELOPMENT] Automated Installation & Configuration (Read 5602 times) previous topic - next topic
[UNDER DEVELOPMENT] Automated Installation & Configuration
One of the common issues I support is with users having trouble installing and configuring the script. While all variables are documented on the website, many have never edited PHP files or setup cron job's before and become a little stuck.

What i'm proposing is setting up a form on this website that would have the user enter the details required to upload the script and configure it step by step without the user ever having to edit a file themselves. I would also have the form setup and configure the cron job's.

However, this would require the users entering the cPanel and WHM credentials onto this website. While I would NEVER store the details, and manual installation would still be available, I do understand if people think this would not be appropriate.

Could you please let me know if this is something you think would be appreciated or not. I'd love to hear any comments you have.