Migrating reseller accounts from one server to another has always been a slow and arduous when you don’t have root access on the existing web host server. There have been numerous requests to cPanel to include such a feature to resolve this problem all without success.
We’ve come to offer a much simpler approach using WHM Backup Solutions Backup Script:
- Install the WHM Backup Solutions Script (Here).
- Configure the script to backup on to the new server via SCP/SSH to /home/
- Wait until WHM Backup Solutions Script has backed up all accounts.
- You now have the option of restoring them via the GUI in the WebHostManager when logged in as root or via SSH using the /scripts/restorepkg function built into cPanel.
- Once all your accounts have been restored run the following command to remove all backups from the /home/ directory.
Rm –rf /home/backup-*.tar.gz